Tag: sh419没了

MAN WHO RETURNED FROM AUSTRALIA FINED €5,000 FOR DANGEROUS DRIVING

first_imgA Donegal man who was forced to return from Australia to answer an appeal against dangerous driving charges has had his sentence dropped but fined €5,000.Down Under: Glenn AlcornGlen Alcorn, 28, had to appear in person after Judge Keenan Johnson warned his solicitor that her client should turn up in person in court. Alcorn, who lives in Perth, appealed the case to the circuit court in Letterkenny but never turned up himself.On reviewing the case, Judge Johnson described it as one of the worse of dangerous driving he had witnessed and advised Alcorn to come back from Australia with a good wallet of money with him.Alcorn, of Renny, Lettermacaward turned up in court yesterday and told the court he was currently employed in Australia and planned to aply for citizenship there.“I have appealed the sentence. I have applied for residency and it doesn’t look good for my record. I intend to live there for the foreseeable future,” he said.He also produced references in court.The court previously heard that Alcorn was convicted in the district court on four charges of dangerous driving and one charge of failing to stop for Gardai on April 7, 2010.The offences involved Alcorn driving at speeds of up to 160km/hr on rural roads in the townlands of Menagowan, Farrigans, Renny and Toome.He was also convicted of failing to remain at the scene.Gardai had attempted to arrest Alcorn, but couldn’t because he was driving so dangerously and so fast, the Circuit Court heard.He also had a conviction for dangerous driving in 2007. He was disqualified from driving for two years on that occasion.However having listened to the plea, Judge Johnson said he was prepared to remove the suspended sentence and give Alcorn a chance.He fined him a total of €5,000 and gave him 12 months to pay.“I don’t think it would be fair that this hangs over you and I think you have learned your lesson,” he added.MAN WHO RETURNED FROM AUSTRALIA FINED €5,000 FOR DANGEROUS DRIVING was last modified: April 3rd, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:dangerous drivingdonegalGlen Alcornjudge keenan johnsonletterkennyLettermacawardlast_img read more

Read More

Clannad star Moya to sell her Dublin mansion to return to Donegal

first_imgClannad singer Moya Brennan is to sell her Dublin home to spend more time in her beloved Donegal.The singer has opened her house doors to the world as she put her home up on the market for a whopping €1.25 million. Although she and her husband Tim Jarvis initially moved into the house because of its seafront, Moya has decided it is time to return to her roots.With a recording studio in the house, the singer fine-tuned many of her tracks for her best selling 25 albums right in her own home.Moya told the Irish Times that initial renovation of the property took over a year when they purchased it back in 1994.‘I grew up beside the ocean in Donegal, and once we walked in I just knew it felt right,’ she said.Moya Brennan‘We would start at night when the kids were in bed, and we were fortunate that it is big enough, so we could do one room at a time,’ she said on working on the house. It initially took singer Moya and her husband a year to renovate the property.However, the couple husband have recommended that the new owners put some work into updating the bathrooms and kitchen.Moya was a founding member of family band Clannad back in the ’70s. They have sold over 20 million copies worldwide.Moya’s husband Tim manages the band’s business affairs and they first met whilst he was touring Donegal as a photographer for NME magazine.Clannad star Moya to sell her Dublin mansion to return to Donegal was last modified: October 11th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:ClannaddonegaldublinMoya Brennanlast_img read more

Read More

Power crisis: The blame game won’t help

first_img“One would be hard pressed to find a South African who does not have an opinion on the current power crisis,” writes Minister of Public Enterprises Lynne Brown. “Such robust debate is welcomed as part of our democracy. Nevertheless, there are times when the need for a nation to rise as one and work towards the greater good is paramount.” The Kendal power station in Mpumalanga is the largest indirect dry-cooled power station in the world. (Image: Media Club South Africa) Minister of Public Enterprises Lynne BrownOne would be hard pressed to find a South African who does not have an opinion on the current power crisis. Our democracy provides space for all to make their voices heard, and countless South Africans have strongly voiced their opinions on social networks, in the media and on other platforms.Such robust debate is part and parcel of our democracy and is welcomed. Nevertheless, there are times when the need for a nation to rise as one and work towards the greater good is paramount.Now is not the time to point the finger of blame. Our national power supply is under pressure due to the need to perform vital maintenance. There is also a risk of unexpected breakdowns at some of our aging power stations. Unfortunately this perfect storm often necessitates the need for load shedding to stabilise the system.We do not undertake load shedding lightly, however, there are times when this is the only option. Government is all too aware of the major disruptions and inconvenience that arise from unplanned electricity interruptions. We are very concerned about the impact on individuals and businesses which are the lifeblood of our economy.However, we dare not allow the current power challenges to define us. We are the country that emerged from the depths of Apartheid to form a nation built on the pillars of democracy and freedom for all. We are the nation which successfully hosted the 2010 FIFA World Cup and confounded naysayers who predicted that we would fail.All of South Africa’s many successes since 1994 have been built on our nation standing together as one. Together we can and will continue to overcome all odds.We ask citizens to bear with us in this trying time. Government is working to secure South Africa’s future energy supply through an energy mix which comprises coal, solar, wind, hydro, gas and nuclear energy.Many of these projects are already in the pipeline but getting them on stream will take time. We therefore call on South Africans to pull together and find creative ways to work around load shedding.Households and businesses are encouraged to make provision for the fact that there will be at least two-hour power outages between 7am and 10pm daily for the next 18 of months.In this pressing time every little bit helps, be it switching off geysers and pool pumps during the peak hours or forgoing the convenience of air conditioners.Government is under no illusion that we are asking a lot from South Africans. Nonetheless, we are all in this together, and only by pulling in one direction will we be able to overcome the short-term strain.South Africans should also know that government has the situation in hand and we have implemented measures to improve it. In the short term we continue to support the national grid through the more frequent use of diesel powered open-cycle gas turbines to help bridge the immediate gap between supply and demand. Work to reduce maintenance backlogs is on-going and will lead to improved performance of power plants and less frequent unplanned outages.We are confident that through our collective determination we will be able to manage the current electricity supply challenge which affects everyone. This situation affects everyone and so we all need to stand up and be part of the solution.last_img read more

Read More

Ison among AFBF’s Farm Partners in Advocacy Leadership class

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Ohio Farm Bureau member Sarah Ison of Moscow was recently selected to The American Farm Bureau Federation’s 10th Partners in Advocacy Leadership (PAL) class. American Farm Bureau created the PAL curriculum as a high-level, executive training program that prepares participants to represent agriculture in the media, public speaking, congressional testimony and other advocacy arenas. Program graduates gain opportunities to promote awareness about issues important to farmers and consumers.“Farm Bureau is equipping young leaders for effective engagement,” said Zippy Duvall, AFBF President. “The members of the new PAL class are already elite leaders. We look forward to seeing them progress to the highest levels of agricultural advocacy.”Ison is owner and president of Cincy Beef and teaches as an adjunct professor in microbiology at Northern Kentucky University. She and her husband have a commercial and registered Angus cow-calf to finish operation. She is a member of the Clermont County Farm Bureau, county Cattlemen’s Association and a volunteer with the Felicity High School FFA chapter.PAL training involves four learning modules designed to develop specific advocacy skills while exploring components of leadership and its theories and philosophies. The modules build on one another over the two years of the program and include intense, in-person, hands-on training.PAL graduates emerge with the experience and confidence — in everything from legislative policy-making and issues management to social media and media relations — to effectively engage all critical stakeholders.To be eligible for the PAL program, candidates must be between the ages of 30 and 45, with demonstrated leadership skills. The program is sponsored by American Farm Bureau, Farm Credit and Bayer Co.last_img read more

Read More

LazyFeed: Get the News, Vids, and Pics You Want Without Even Trying

first_imgTags:#start#startups Although LazyFeed combs through about 100,000 of the most popular blogs online, users can also add specific blogs, Twitter profiles, Flickr streams, and Delicious accounts for a more personalized feed of information and recommended topics. Topics are updated in real time, so users get up-to-the-minute information.The drawbacks are apparent. Users can’t refine searches; for example, I can have “realtime” and “search” in my topics list, but I can’t have a “realtime+search” topic. And there’s no way to tell LazyFeed to look for certain types of content within certain domains or accounts. Nor is there a way to limit the stream to certain types of media or block certain tags (such as “marketing”) from appearing in the results.Still, lazy beggars can’t be choosers. In other words, it’s still a nifty little tool that we barely had to lift a finger to use, and we did get some good reading out of it. Check out our screencast, and if you’re one of the first 100 interested parties to read this, you can sign up with the promo code lazyrww. You’re welcome. jolie odell 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market Related Posts Appealing to users’ laziness is a two-sided coin. On the one hand, you risk offending users who like to think of themselves as essentially industrious, on-top-of-it, finger-on-the-pulse go-getters.On the other hand, who are we kidding? We love being lazy, and if your app will allow for ever more user laziness, well, that’s just what we call “driving innovation,” now isn’t it? For those of us who are too lazy for RSS feeds but still in the market for real-time, personalized blog searches, we recommend checking out LazyFeed. We’ve got invites, too; just keep reading.The site launched just two days ago and appears to be a bottomless pit of information culled from the depths of the blogosphere and sorted around a simple system of tags. Users type in a tag or single-word search term, and LazyFeed returns videos, photos, and blog posts tagged with that term. Users are then prompted to add that term as a topic, which essentially means the search is saved and results will be returned in real time through the left-hand topics menu. A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hostinglast_img read more

Read More

Odisha STF widens probe into Tito’s crime network

first_imgThe Special Task Force of the Odisha Crime Branch has widened its investigation into the crime network of history-sheeter Sayed Usman Ali alias Tito. For more than a week now, the STF has been carrying out raids across the State and digging out evidence pertaining to his illegal financial transactions and crime records. Benami properties worth several crore of rupees have so far been tracked.The STF on Thursday sealed five bank accounts in which ₹16.42 lakh was deposited. A process has been initiated for freezing more than 50 accounts of Tito and his wife Benazir Bibi and other 18 relatives in 34 different banks.“Benazir will be examined soon by a team of the STF in her house in Kendrapara. She has a number of petrol pumps, financial deposits and other trades in her name. An expensive car worth ₹90 lakh has also been found in her name,” said an STF member.On June 30, Tito, who had stepped into the crime world over a dispute in a football match, was injured in police firing. Since then the agency has tightened its noose around the criminal. The STF sources said Tito was involved in tender fixing, sand mining and extortion. Himanshu Lal, DIG (STF), Satyajeet Nayak, SP (STF) and Niti Shekhar, Kendrapara SP, are leading different teams in the case.last_img read more

Read More